Can subduction initiation at a transform fault be spontaneous?
Total article views: 5,107 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 23 Apr 2019)Views and downloads (calculated since 23 Apr 2019)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 5,107 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 4,156 with geography defined and 951 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 4,230 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,503 with geography defined and 727 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 877 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 653 with geography defined and 224 with unknown origin.
23 citations as recorded by crossref.
- A simple force balance model of subduction initiation Y. Li & M. Gurnis 10.1093/gji/ggac332
- Ocean-continent subduction cannot be initiated without preceding intra-oceanic subduction! A. Koptev et al. 10.3389/feart.2022.1097922
- Subduction initiation at an oceanic transform fault experiencing compression: Role of the fault structure and of the brittle-ductile transition depth D. Arcay et al. 10.1016/j.epsl.2023.118272
- Key geodynamic processes and driving forces of Tethyan evolution Z. Li et al. 10.1007/s11430-022-1083-5
- Magmatic ignitor kick-starts subduction initiation J. Yang et al. 10.1016/j.gr.2023.05.023
- Refertilization of Mantle Peridotites from the Central Indian Ridge: Response to a Geodynamic Transition A. Hazra et al. 10.2113/2021/9706924
- Subduction initiation from the earliest stages to self-sustained subduction: Insights from the analysis of 70 Cenozoic sites S. Lallemand & D. Arcay 10.1016/j.earscirev.2021.103779
- Compression at Strike‐Slip Fault Is a Favorable Condition for Subduction Initiation X. Zhong & Z. Li 10.1029/2022GL102171
- Anomalous Subduction Initiation: Young Under Old Oceanic Lithosphere L. Zhang et al. 10.1029/2020GC009549
- 特提斯演化的关键动力学过程与驱动力 忠. 李 et al. 10.1360/SSTe-2022-0334
- Rapid subduction initiation and magmatism in the Western Pacific driven by internal vertical forces B. Maunder et al. 10.1038/s41467-020-15737-4
- Geodynamic and plate kinematic context of South China Sea subduction during Okinawa trough opening and Taiwan orogeny J. Sibuet et al. 10.1016/j.tecto.2021.229050
- Effects of Elasticity on Subduction Initiation: Insight From 2‐D Thermomechanical Models X. Zhou & I. Wada 10.1029/2022JB024400
- Plume‐Induced Sinking of Intracontinental Lithospheric Mantle: An Overlooked Mechanism of Subduction Initiation? S. Cloetingh et al. 10.1029/2020GC009482
- Differentiating induced versus spontaneous subduction initiation using thermomechanical models and metamorphic soles X. Zhou & I. Wada 10.1038/s41467-021-24896-x
- Subduction invasion polarity switch from the Pacific to the Atlantic Ocean: A new geodynamic model of subduction initiation based on the Scotia Sea region W. Schellart et al. 10.1016/j.earscirev.2022.104277
- Subduction Initiation During Collision‐Induced Subduction Transference: Numerical Modeling and Implications for the Tethyan Evolution X. Zhong & Z. Li 10.1029/2019JB019288
- Wedge‐Shaped Southern Indian Continental Margin Without Proper Weakness Hinders Subduction Initiation X. Zhong & Z. Li 10.1029/2021GC009998
- Influence of magma-poor versus magma-rich passive margins on subduction initiation A. Auzemery et al. 10.1016/j.gr.2021.11.012
- Mantle-wedge alteration facilitates intra-oceanic subduction initiation along a pre-existing fault zone M. Izumi et al. 10.1016/j.tecto.2023.229908
- Numerical modeling of subduction: State of the art and future directions T. Gerya 10.1130/GES02416.1
- A transdisciplinary and community-driven database to unravel subduction zone initiation F. Crameri et al. 10.1038/s41467-020-17522-9
- Self-replicating subduction zone initiation by polarity reversal J. Almeida et al. 10.1038/s43247-022-00380-2
Latest update: 29 Sep 2023