Structural style and hydrocarbon trap of Karbasi anticline, in the Interior Fars region, Zagros, Iran
- Department of Geology, College of Basic Sciences, Tehran Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Abstract. Karbasi anticline between west-northwest parts of Jahrom town is located in northwest 40 km distance of Aghar gas anticline in interior Fars region. This anticline has asymmetric structure and some faults with large strike separation observed in its structure. The operation of Nezamabad sinistral strike slip fault in west part of this anticline caused fault plunge change in this region.
Because of complication increasing of structures geometry in Fars region and necessity to exploration activities for deeper horizons especially the Paleozoic ones, the analysis of fold style elements, which is known as one of the main parts in structural studies seems necessary. In this paper because of some reasons such as Karbasi anticline structural complication, importance of drilling and hydrocarbon explorations in Fars region, it is proceed to analysis and evaluation of fold style elements and geometry with emphasis on Nezamabad fault operation in Interior Fars region. According to fold style elements analysis results, it became clear that in east part of anticline the type of fold horizontal moderately inclined and in west part it is upright moderately plunging, so west evaluation of anticline is affected by more deformation. In this research the relationship present faults especially the Nezamabad sinistral strike slip one with folding and its affection on Dehram horizon and Bangestan group were modeled. Based on received results may be the Nezamabad fault is located between G–G' and E–E' structural sections and this fault in this area operated same as fault zone. In different parts of Karbasi anticline, Dashtak formation as a middle detachment unit plays an important role in connection to folding geometry, may be which is affected by Nezamabad main fault.
Z. Maleki et al.
Z. Maleki et al.
Z. Maleki et al.
24 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Comparison of Strain Ellipsoid Shape in the South of Ardabil Range (NW), Based on the Results of the Magnetic Susceptibility Anisotropy and Paleostress Methods R. Sadeghi et al. 10.4236/ojg.2015.59054
- Structural Style in the Khalfani Anticline, Coastal Fars, Zagros Fold-Thrust Belt A. Baghbanan et al. 10.4236/ojg.2015.59058
- Earthquake Hazard Zonation and Seismotectonics of the Bandar Abbas Area, Zagros, Iran S. Abdolizadeh et al. 10.4236/ojg.2016.63019
- Folding Style Analysis of the Tabnak Sweet Gas Field, Zagros, Iran M. Badrkhani et al. 10.4236/ojg.2016.68073
- Active Tectonics of the Saymareh-Karkheh River Basin (Northwest of Persian Gulf, Iran) N. Rahimi et al. 10.4236/ojms.2017.72017
- Assessment of Relative Active Tectonics in the Bozgoush Basin (SW of Caspian Sea) E. Eynoddin et al. 10.4236/ojms.2017.72016
- Salt Tectonics in the Southern Iran A. Khodabakhshnezhad & M. Arian 10.4236/ijg.2016.73029
- Petrology and Geochemistry of Ophiolitic Host Rocks of Copper Mineralization in Dowlat Abad-Tang e Hana Area (Neyriz-Iran) P. Attarzadeh et al. 10.4236/ojg.2016.68054
- Petrophysical Evaluation and the Effect of Shale Layers on Net Pay Zone Thickness in the Marun Oil Field, Iran S. Tajali & M. Arian 10.4236/ojg.2016.68059
- Evaluation of Structural Patterns and Related Alteration and Mineralization Zones by Using ASAR-ASTER Imagery in Siyahrood Area (East Azarbaijan—NW Iran) S. Khosroshahizadeh et al. 10.4236/ojg.2015.59053
- Hydrocarbon Trap and Folding Style of the Pishvar Anticline, Sub-Coastal Fars, Zagros N. Hajnorouzi et al. 10.4236/ojg.2016.66033
- The Emergent Salt Diapirs in the East Zagros, Iran G. Razaghian & M. Arian 10.4236/ojg.2015.510063
- Structural Style in the Zagros Fold-Thrust Belt: The Gavbast Anticline, Coastal Fars H. Vaseghi et al. 10.4236/ojg.2016.62011
- Investigation of T Factor Variations along Atrak River to the Caspian Sea E. Mousavi et al. 10.4236/ojms.2017.71004
- Determine Stress Field of the Shirband Area by Geometric and Kinematic Analysis of Faults and Folds (North Damqan, Iran) H. Roohafza et al. 10.4236/gep.2017.52006
- A transpressional model for deformation patterns in northern part of dezful Embayment's oil fields in Zagros (Iran), using geo-information technologies H. Safari & L. Bagas 10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2020.104736
- Lineament Patterns and Mineralization Related to Alteration Zone by Using ASAR-ASTER Imagery in Hize Jan-Sharaf Abad Au-Ag Epithermal Mineralized Zone (East Azarbaijan—NW Iran) S. Khosroshahizadeh et al. 10.4236/ojg.2016.64021
- Geochemistry of Chromitites in Eastern Part of Neyriz Ophiolite Complex (Southern Iran) P. Attarzadeh et al. 10.4236/ojg.2017.73015
- The Transverse Topographic Symmetry Factor of Darakeh Stream in the North Tehran, Iran E. Takieh et al. 10.4236/ojg.2015.511066
- The Analysis of Transverse Topographic Symmetry Factor (T Index) in the Chekene-Mazavand, North East Iran M. Sajadian et al. 10.4236/ojg.2015.511069
- Investigating the Impress of the Active Tectonics and the Rate of Fractures in Ilam Formation, Fars Area, SW Iran R. Poursoltani et al. 10.4236/ojg.2016.66041
- Hypsometric Properties of South Zagros Fold-Thrust Belt Basins: A Case Study in Namdan Basin in SW Iran A. Nikoonejad et al. 10.4236/ojg.2015.510062
- Non-Diapiric Salt Domes in the West Zanjan, Central Iran S. Alizadeh 10.4236/ojg.2017.72009
- Folding Style of the Kuh-e Siah Anticline in the Sarvestan Area, Interior Fars, Zagros, Iran Z. Maleki & F. Jahadgar 10.4236/ojg.2015.58050