Articles | Volume 9, issue 6
© Author(s) 2018. This work is distributed underthe Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
Geomechanical modelling of sinkhole development using distinct elements: model verification for a single void space and application to the Dead Sea area
Total article views: 3,883 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 16 Jul 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 16 Jul 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,883 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,249 with geography defined and 634 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,743 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,208 with geography defined and 535 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,140 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,041 with geography defined and 99 with unknown origin.
23 citations as recorded by crossref.
- A cohesive discrete element based approach to characterizing the shear behavior of cohesive soil and clay-infilled rock joints M. Saadat & A. Taheri 10.1016/j.compgeo.2019.103109
- Sinkholes and uvalas in evaporite karst: spatio-temporal development with links to base-level fall on the eastern shore of the Dead Sea R. Watson et al. 10.5194/se-10-1451-2019
- Time-lapse gravity and levelling surveys reveal mass loss and ongoing subsidence in the urban subrosion-prone area of Bad Frankenhausen, Germany M. Kobe et al. 10.5194/se-10-599-2019
- A catenary model for the analysis of arching effect in soils and its application to predicting sinkhole collapse J. Alonso et al. 10.1680/jgeot.20.P.235
- Basic processes and factors determining the evolution of collapse sinkholes – A sensitivity study D. Romanov et al. 10.1016/j.enggeo.2020.105589
- Characterizing and monitoring a high-risk sinkhole in an urban area underlain by salt through non-invasive methods: Detailed mapping, high-precision leveling and GPR J. Sevil et al. 10.1016/j.enggeo.2020.105641
- Fundamental Numerical Study on Subsidence of Unsaturated Soil with Various Shear Characteristics T. Yun 10.7855/IJHE.2019.21.5.011
- Three-dimensional sinkhole stability of spherical cavity J. Shiau et al. 10.1007/s11440-022-01522-8
- An Innovative Method for Placement of Gangue Backfilling Material in Steep Underground Coal Mines Y. Yin et al. 10.3390/min9020107
- Distinct element geomechanical modelling of the formation of sinkhole clusters within large-scale karstic depressions D. Al-Halbouni et al. 10.5194/se-10-1219-2019
- Dynamics of hydrological and geomorphological processes in evaporite karst at the eastern Dead Sea – a multidisciplinary study D. Al-Halbouni et al. 10.5194/hess-25-3351-2021
- Sinkhole Scanner: A New Method to Detect Sinkhole-Related Spatio-Temporal Patterns in InSAR Deformation Time Series A. Kulshrestha et al. 10.3390/rs13152906
- A decade-long silent ground subsidence hazard culminating in a metropolitan disaster in Maceió, Brazil M. Vassileva et al. 10.1038/s41598-021-87033-0
- Investigating asperity damage of natural rock joints in polycrystalline rocks under confining pressure using grain-based model M. Saadat et al. 10.1016/j.compgeo.2021.104144
- Risk analysis of natural sinkholes hazards in Karapınar basin (Konya, Turkey) A. Dursun 10.1007/s12517-022-09564-8
- Risk Prediction of Sinkhole Occurrence for Different Subsurface Soil Profiles due to Leakage from Underground Sewer and Water Pipelines H. Ali & J. Choi 10.3390/su12010310
- Permeability and voids influence on the thermal signal, as inferred by multitemporal UAV-based infrared and visible images R. Antoine et al. 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2020.124907
- A Review of Underground Pipeline Leakage and Sinkhole Monitoring Methods Based on Wireless Sensor Networking H. Ali & J. Choi 10.3390/su11154007
- Ground instability of sinkhole areas indicated by elastic moduli and seismic attributes S. Wadas et al. 10.1093/gji/ggaa167
- Mechanical and topographic factors influencing lava dome growth and collapse C. Harnett & M. Heap 10.1016/j.jvolgeores.2021.107398
- Multi- and inter-disciplinary approaches towards understanding the sinkholes’ phenomenon in the Dead Sea Basin H. Salem 10.1007/s42452-020-2146-0
- Delayed subsidence of the Dead Sea shore due to hydro-meteorological changes S. Vey et al. 10.1038/s41598-021-91949-y
- Development of collapse dolines in Al Jabal Al Akhdar, NE Libya: geomorphic analysis and numerical modeling-based approach A. Elshaafi et al. 10.1007/s13146-021-00714-9
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 29 Mar 2023