Articles | Volume 9, issue 5
© Author(s) 2018. This work is distributed underthe Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
Shear wave reflection seismic yields subsurface dissolution and subrosion patterns: application to the Ghor Al-Haditha sinkhole site, Dead Sea, Jordan
Total article views: 3,615 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 25 Apr 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 25 Apr 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,615 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,197 with geography defined and 418 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,818 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,457 with geography defined and 361 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 797 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 740 with geography defined and 57 with unknown origin.
18 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Geomechanical modelling of sinkhole development using distinct elements: model verification for a single void space and application to the Dead Sea area D. Al-Halbouni et al. 10.5194/se-9-1341-2018
- Time-lapse gravity and levelling surveys reveal mass loss and ongoing subsidence in the urban subrosion-prone area of Bad Frankenhausen, Germany M. Kobe et al. 10.5194/se-10-599-2019
- Near‐surface three‐dimensional multicomponent source and receiver S‐wave survey in the Tannwald Basin, Germany: Acquisition and data processing T. Burschil et al. 10.1002/nsg.12214
- Geophysical analysis of an area affected by subsurface dissolution – case study of an inland salt marsh in northern Thuringia, Germany S. Wadas et al. 10.5194/se-13-1673-2022
- Sinkholes and uvalas in evaporite karst: spatio-temporal development with links to base-level fall on the eastern shore of the Dead Sea R. Watson et al. 10.5194/se-10-1451-2019
- Transverse waves incident at the free surface of an initially stressed dissipative half-space M. Selim & K. Gepreel 10.1088/1402-4896/abfb21
- Exposure of tourism development to salt karst hazards along the Jordanian Dead Sea shore N. Abou Karaki et al. 10.5194/hess-23-2111-2019
- S-wave seismic imaging of near-surface sediments using tailored processing strategies T. Burschil & H. Buness 10.1016/j.jappgeo.2019.103927
- Dynamics of hydrological and geomorphological processes in evaporite karst at the eastern Dead Sea – a multidisciplinary study D. Al-Halbouni et al. 10.5194/hess-25-3351-2021
- Identification of sinkhole origin using surface geophysical methods, Dead Sea, Israel M. Ezersky & A. Frumkin 10.1016/j.geomorph.2020.107225
- Salt layer characteristics in the Ghor Al-Haditha area, Jordan: comprehensive combined reprocessing of geophysical data M. Ezersky et al. 10.1007/s12665-021-09373-4
- Elevation and thickness of the 11–10 Kyr old ‘Sinkholes Salt’ layer in the Dead Sea: clues to past limnology, paleo-bathymetry and lake levels G. Baer et al. 10.1007/s10933-023-00286-9
- Delayed subsidence of the Dead Sea shore due to hydro-meteorological changes S. Vey et al. 10.1038/s41598-021-91949-y
- A Mathematical Model of Longitudinal Waves Incident at a Free Surface of a Pre-Stressed Dissipative Half-Space M. Selim & T. Nofal 10.3390/math8112011
- Simulated Short- and Long-Term Deformation in Coastal Karst Caves C. Lin et al. 10.3390/jmse10091315
- A Vision on a UNESCO Global Geopark at the Southeastern Dead Sea in Jordan—How Natural Hazards May Offer Geotourism Opportunities D. Al-Halbouni et al. 10.3390/land11040553
- Distinct element geomechanical modelling of the formation of sinkhole clusters within large-scale karstic depressions D. Al-Halbouni et al. 10.5194/se-10-1219-2019
- Multi- and inter-disciplinary approaches towards understanding the sinkholes’ phenomenon in the Dead Sea Basin H. Salem 10.1007/s42452-020-2146-0
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 26 Sep 2023